THE PERFECT SEWING PROJECT FOR BEGINNERS!
Learn how to make Miette, a gently flared wraparound skirt that ties at the front in a bow. The skirt has a wide overlap at the back (no danger of flashing!) and optional patch pockets.
I designed this pattern as the perfect first dressmaking project for new stitchers - simple to sew, Miette has no fiddly zips or buttonholes and is easy to fit. The user-friendly instructions guide you through with a jargon buster, clearly labelled pattern pieces, and photos of each step.
This is a great “blank canvas” project that you can customise with topstitching or embroidery.
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium weight denim, linen or cotton. Nothing too thick or heavy, as you need to be able to slide the waist tie through an opening in the side seam.
- Fabric – 2m x 150cm wide (2¼ yards x 60in wide) for sizes 1 - 6 OR 2.7m x 150cm wide (3 yards x 60in wide) for sizes 7 - 8 OR 3m x 115cm wide (3¼ yards x 45in wide) for all sizes
- Iron-on interfacing (about 30cm/12in, similar weight to your fabric)
- Matching thread
- Optional: Contrast thread for topstitching
- Sewing machine and basic tools
- PRINTED PATTERN - You'll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full scale pattern sheets and a colour photo booklet to guide you through the steps.