It’s here! the latest Colette pattern – Zinnia skirt …. in stock at Sewbox now!
Just released by Colette today – this quick and easy skirt will have you sewing up a new wardrobe in all your favourite fabrics. It’s easy to sew, easy to fit, and works in such a wide range of fabrics that we know it will become your next handmade wardrobe staple.
The patterns arrived here at Sewbox this afternoon – perfect timing! So as soon as you place your order I will post them out to you 1st class. Plus a little gift free with every pattern.
“With only 4 main pattern pieces (plus details like pockets and belt loops), you’ll spend less time cutting and more time making. And because the cut is full, Zinnia only requires fitting in one place — the waist. So there are no tricky curves to get just right.
And once you make it once, you will definitely want more. Try version 1 in a chambray for summer, make a tartan skirt for Fall with version 2, or get dressy using chiffon and version 3, which includes instructions for lining.
Zinnia has plenty of features that you can feel free to interchange. You can switch out the in-seam or patch pockets, or use the belt loops on any version.
Version 1 is a gathered skirt that falls below the knee, with a button-front placket and patch pockets. Version 2 is pleated, hits above the knee for a shorter length, and includes belt loops and in-seam pockets. Version 3 is also pleated, falls below the knee, and is fully lined so that it can be made in sheer fabrics.
Zinnia mixes fun and professional, flowing beautifully from the coffee shop to the office. With three variations, everyone will find a style that suits their life: short and pleated with belt loops, long with front button closure and pockets, or long and flowing sheer version with a lining. Or any imaginative combination of the three!
Colette have stated 5 reasons why they know you will love this pattern:
- Fun for all skill levels. Beginners are thrilled to learn how easy new skills are, like zinnia’s pleating. Seasoned sewists love a beautiful pattern they can whip up fast.
- Fast, flattering fit. Nipped in at the natural waist and flowing out at the hip, this is a skirt that looks great on many body types.
- Plenty of variations. Time and again, customers have said that they appreciate simple styles with plenty of options, making this pattern a great value.
- It’s trans-seasonal. Zinnia can be made in almost any fabric, so it is suitable for year-round wear and has the re-make value customers want.
- Simplified separates. Colette will be posting a tutorial with different ways to style Zinnia, taking the guesswork out of what tops to wear with skirts.
Enjoy your Zinnia sewing! Thanks to Colette for yet another brilliant pattern.
17 September, 2013